- Monitoring EU policy developments which are of importance for the European flavour industry, also in the context of the food and drink legislation.
- Preparing draft position papers and developing advocacy strategies in close coordination with the EFFA team members.
- Helping to prepare and developing positions at EU level in coordination (with our members from national associations and companies) and for bilateral meetings with the EU institutions (Commission, European Parliament, Council);
- Coordination with the association’s ordinary company and National Associations members.
- Helping to prepare and participating in industry committees, alliances, and working groups.
- Working with other stakeholders at EU level on joint positions or projects;
- Working with the other EFFA team members in their work (Communications, Regulatory).
Qualifications and skills
- University degree (legal, regulatory, or political science);
- At least 2-3 years working experiences in the context of EU institutions or public affairs (EU institutions and/or working experience with EU institutions);
- Good understanding of the European food and drink sector and European policy developments in this area;
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent social and diplomatic skills.
- An excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written), French, and an additional European language.
- An outgoing, dynamic personality, capable of working in a multi-cultural environment, but equally independent and well organised.
The Public Affairs (PA) Manager will report directly to the Executive Director. The PA Manager will also support and work in close coordination with the senior staff of the association.
The position is available as of 1 February 2021, is based in Brussels, Belgium, and is set up as a permanent position under Belgian law.
If you are interested, please send your CV, along with a motivation letter, to: EFFA Executive Director, Alexander Mohr, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be in English (please note that other languages will not be considered). Deadline is 15 December 2021. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more information about EFFA: www.effa.eu.